Microsoft showed off a new game called Jump Force from Bandai Namco during its Electronic Entertainment Expo event today in Los Angeles. It is coming out in 2019.
The crossover features some of the biggest anime franchises, including Dragon Ball, One Piece, and Naruto. They are fighting in a city that looks like it suffered from an alien invasion.
A final shot in the trailer also showed a character from Death Note.
The name Jump Force is a nod to the doujin magazine where these franchises premiered, Shonen Jump.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties