Microsoft showed off Bethesda’s Fallout 76 during its 2018 Electronic Entertainment Expo event today in Los Angeles.
Fallout 76 is a prequel to every other entry in the series, and it is four times bigger than Fallout 4. This is an untamed Wastleand that players will explore in what was left of West Virgina, and you’re one of the first emerging from a Vault to explore the fallout of what’s happened after the bombs drop.
A new trailer showed more of an abandoned Vault 76 before moving to the outdoors. The world looks less desolate than what we’ve seen in past Fallout games. The trailer drove home the point that players will need to rebuild America. Bethesda introduced building mechanics in Fallout 4.
Rumors suggest that Fallout 76 will be a multiplayer game, but the trailer did not confirm this.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties