Avalanche Studios is busy, which may explain why it needed the backing of a new owner. The studio revealed that it is making Just Cause 4, which launches for PC and consoles on December 4.
Like previous Just Cause games, this new entry in the series is an open-world action game with wild action and combat. It also has an irreverent story and characters who always have a quip ready to fire off from the hip.
Here is the first trailer:
Just Cause is coming off a sequel that many fans felt didn’t live up to the second game, and we will have to see if Avalanche attempts to return to a more traditional formula.
In addition to Just Cause 4, Avalanche is also working on Rage 2 for id Software and Bethesda.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties