Join gaming leaders online at GamesBeat Summit Next this upcoming November 9-10. Learn more about what comes next.
As part of the lead up to Electronic Entertainment Expo trade show in Los Angeles, Microsoft today helped developer From Software reveal its next game, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. Activision is publishing the game, which looks like a samurai/ninja take on Dark Souls.
Here’s the game in action in the first trailer:
FromSoftware teased Sekiro at The Game Awards in December, but it didn’t reveal any details. Now we know what it looks like, and it is the long-rumored and expected dive into a samurai setting. In it, the samurai what looked to be ogre-like Oni monsters.
Three top investment pros open up about what it takes to get your video game funded.
We’ll have more on Sekiro as we get hands on it at E3.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties