Bethesda debuted The Elder Scrolls VI today during its Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) event in Los Angeles.
The last entry in the series, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, came out in 2011. This announcement came as a surprise toward the end of the conference.
The Elder Scrolls VI does not have a subtitle. We do not know where it is set, although the short trailer showed a forested mountain range.
The Elder Scrolls series take place in the fantasy world of Tamriel. Most games take place in a single country from that world. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim takes place in (you guessed it) Skyrim, a land inspired by Nordic traditions and mythology.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties