The new demo showed Spider-Man thwarting a prison escape. During it he encounters some of his most famous enemies: Electro, Rhino, Scorpion, and the Vulture.
This is one of Sony’s biggest PlayStation 4 games for the rest of the year. Spider-Man is one of the most popular super heroes in the world, and his web-slinging abilities have always translated well to the world of video games. Insomniac has a history of working on games with unique weapons, notably the Ratchet & Clank series.
Spider-Man is famous in part because his rogue’s gallery is one of the best in comics. The demo also showed a thrilling sequence where Spider-Man chases Electro outside the prison facility.
Spidey gets the crap beaten out of him before the trailer teases the reveal of one more villain. But we don’t get to see who it is.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties