Star Citizen first went into development eons ago, and now it is back for yet another tease at The PC Gaming Show today at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3). Is it coming out? Is it even a video game? Why is any of this happening?
I don’t know, but here’s the trailer about the game entering version 3.2 of its playable alpha.
Star Citizen is ostensibly a game about exploring space online in ships that costs thousands of real-world dollars. It started raising funds for its development in 2012. I’m sure it will eventually involve cryptocurrency at some point.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties