All the sessions from Transform 2021 are available on-demand now. Watch now.
Nintendo revealed that the indie Metroidvania Hollow Knight is coming to Switch today during its Electronic Entertainment Expo event today in Los Angeles.
Hollow Knight came out for PC last year. This is the indie game’s console debut. It’s a Metroidvania, a kind of 2D platformer that focuses on nonlinear levels and exploration. Hollow Knight also has beautiful, hand-drawn art.
Indies have been succeeding on the Switch. Hollow Knight could find a much larger audience with this port.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties