Join GamesBeat Summit 2021 this April 28-29. Register for a free or VIP pass today.
Ghost Town Games is back in the kitchen with Overcooked 2. During the Nintendo Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) stream, a new trailer showed that the multiplayer chef game will be out on the Nintendo Switch on August 7.
Overcooked 2 is the followup to the 2016 co-op game Overcooked, which came to Nintendo’s hybrid handheld/home console last summer. The goal of the game is for players to work together to follow recipes and overcome environmental obstacles.
The first game picked up accolades — like the 2017 British Academy of Film and Television Arts Games Award for Best Family and Social Game — for its accessible gameplay, cheeky sense of humor, and tricky challenges.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties