Waluigi is not playable in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Instead, he is once again an Assist Trophy, the Smash Bros. equivalent of a cameo appearance. It caused the Washington Post to say that “Waluigi was robbed and humiliated by Nintendo,” which I’m sure caught the attention of the Pulitzer Prize committee.
Fans of Luigi’s lanky nemesis are upset, but what about the man himself? Well, you can listen to his lament above.
The song comes from Matthew Taranto, whose webcomic Brawl in the Family did a lot to help popularize the character. He’s created other Waluigi song parodies before, including the new holiday classic Carol of the Waa.
We may not be able to destroy Mario, Mega Man, and Link as Waluigi in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, but maybe this song can help us come to terms with out grief.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties