Did you miss a session from GamesBeat Summit 2022? All sessions are available to stream now. Watch now.
We’re back after taking a week off for Independence Day, and everyone is talking about ArenaNet. Well, the GamesBeat Decides podcast is not going to miss out on a situation like this. That studio’s decision to fire two of its Guild Wars II writers for being mildly abrasive on Twitter takes up a good portion of this week’s news section.
In addition to overreactions from ArenaNet management, hosts Jeffrey Grubb and Mike Minotti also talk about the first 10 hours of Octopath Traveler, Frostpunk, and the Nintendo Virtual Boy. The Decides crew also weighs in on Steam sales, Todd Howard, and Crash Bandicoot.
You can hear all that and more by clicking play below or downloading here. Join us, won’t you?
Here’s what we talked about:
- Octopath Traveler
- Red Faction Guerrilla: Re-Mars-Tered Edtion
- The Sexy Brutale
- Virtual Boy
- ArenaNet has messed up
- Steam’s best-selling PC games
- Todd Howard says things
- Monster Hunter: World comes to PC August 9
- Super Mario 64 in 60 frames per second
- Ratchet & Clank is Insomniac’s best-selling game
- Crash Bandicoot is the fastest-selling Switch game in 2018
- Nintendo is going to announce more games later this year
- A lot of third-party games are coming to Switch
- Hearthstone expansion
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Play Music, Stitcher, or RSS
- Listen on Cast
- Watch live on Facebook, Twitch, or YouTube
- Follow us: GamesBeat on Twitter, GamesBeat Decides on Twitter
Please don’t try to get us fired!
GamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. Learn more about membership.