A new GamesBeat event is around the corner! Learn more about what comes next.
Studio MDHR announced today that its 2D action game Cuphead has sold over 3 million copies. This is an impressive milestone for the indie game.
Cuphead came out in Sepetember 2017 for Xbox One and PC. The game stands out with its retro, hand-drawn visuals and difficult, boss-based gameplay. Our own review praised the animation and fun challenge (if you can get past that pesky tutorial level).
Studio MDHR is now working on The Delicious Last Course, downloadable content for Cuphead that adds new levels, bosses, and a new character (Ms. Chalice).
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties