All the sessions from Transform 2021 are available on-demand now. Watch now.
GamesBeat PC gaming editor Jeffrey Grubb hurt his hand after 80 hours of Dead Cells and poor posture, and now he’s going to whine to you about it. If that sounds like your kind of content, you can tune into this week’s GamesBeat Decides podcast with co-host Mike Minotti to listen in.
On this episode, Jeff and Mike talk about how one day they can speak about Spider-Man for the PlayStation 4. Jeff also finally beat Dead Cells. In the news, Mike and Jeff try to cover the tragic events from Jacksonville over the weekend. They also get into some of the other, more frivolous headlines from the last week.
Scum code giveaway
Do you want a chance to win a code for the intense survival game Scum? Well, here is your chance. You know how that game has a teeth meter for how many teeth your character has? We want to hear your ideas for strange and bizarre meters, gauges, and indicators you want to see in games.
Send your idea to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Scum” in the subject line for a chance to win.
Three top investment pros open up about what it takes to get your video game funded.
Join us, won’t you?
Download episode 94 right here, or listen below:
What we’re up to
- Into the Breach
- Dead Cells
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Smash Bros. for 3DS
- The Messenger
- World of Warcraft
- Reviewing Spider-Man
- Gunman fires shots and kills pro players at Madden esports event in Florida
- Xbox All Access
- Fortnite’s keyboard-and-mouse players on PS4 will sort into the PC lobbies in future update
- Shigeru Miyamoto warns against greed
- Nintendo Direct
- Into the Breach
- Towerfall date
- Bastion and Transistor
- Hyper Light Drifter
- Streets of Rage 4
- Monster Hunter World still has more than 225,000 players
We’ll see you next week!
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties