A new GamesBeat event is around the corner! Learn more about what comes next.
Nintendo announced that a slew of Final Fantasy games are coming to the Switch in 2019.
Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy IX, which originally came out for the PlayStation, will get ports. Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy X-2, and Final Fantasy XII are coming via their HD remasters. Those three games originally came out for PlayStation 2. This will be the first time all of these games are available on a Nintendo platform.
This will give the Switch a huge dose of JRPG love. Final Fantasy is a giant franchise, especially for people who like these kinds of games. Nintendo also announced Final Fantasy XV: Pocket Edition is out on Switch now, and a remaster of Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles is coming in 2019.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties