Elevate your enterprise data technology and strategy at Transform 2021.
Yoshi’s Crafted World is coming to Switch during spring 2019, Nintendo announced today during its Live stream.
Nintendo announced a Yoshi game for Switch in 2017, but it didn’t have an official name until now. The game looks similar to the last entry in the series, Yoshi’s Woolly World, which came out for Wii U in 2015.
Yoshi debuted as a sidekick for Mario in Super Mario World when that sidescroller launched in 1991. Yoshi established his own 2D platforming series with 1995’s Yoshi’s Island, which many critics and fans consider to be one of Nintendo’s best games ever. Yoshi’s Island has had sequels, but none have lived up to the original.
Yoshi’s Crafted World will support two players and let players flip stages so that they can be played backwards.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties