Join gaming leaders online at GamesBeat Summit Next this upcoming November 9-10. Learn more about what comes next.
The two helped drive digital console spending to $1.24 billion for the month. That’s up from $912 million during the same period last year. You can find the full list of the top digital console games below:
- Destiny 2
- Marvel’s Spider-Man
- FIFA 19
- Fortnite: Battle Royale
- NBA 2K19
- FIFA 18
- Call of Duty: WWII
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider
- Grand Theft Auto V
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds
Destiny 2 launched in September 2017, but it had a big boost in September 2018 thanks to the launch of its Forsaken expansion. According to SuperData, 60 percent of Destiny 2’s monthly active users purchased Forsaken.
Marvel’s Spider-Man was PlayStation 4’s biggest launch of 2018, topping God of War from earlier this year. Spider-Man sold 2.17 million digital copies in September.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties