Join gaming leaders online at GamesBeat Summit Next this upcoming November 9-10. Learn more about what comes next.
The GamesBeat Decides podcast is back to talk about all of the games and news happening over the last week. That includes a check-in on Red Dead Redemption 2, trying to finish Spider-Man, and trying out The Missing.
In the news, GamesBeat Decides co-hosts Jeffrey Grubb (PC gaming editor) and Mike Minotti (reviews editor) dive into the Fallout 76 mess. Few people love the game, and Bethesda is making things worse with some unforced errors. For example, it sold people a special edition of Fallout 76 with a canvas bag, but then the final product shipped with the flimsiest nylong bag in the history of the world.
The GamesBeat Decides crew also dives into some strong sales for Nintendo Switch, Casey Hudson teasing Dragon Age, and what’s up with The Game Awards.
Listen and enjoy, and maybe even learn something for once:
Three top investment pros open up about what it takes to get your video game funded.
Here’s everything we talk about:
- Red Dead Redemption 2
- Pokémon Go
- The Missing: J.J. MacField and the Island of Memories
- FTC plans to investigate loot boxes
- Fallout 76 is a mess
- Nintendo Switch did well on Black Friday
- Anthem is getting an alpha
- Casey Hudson teases Dragon Age
- The Game Wards will reveal 10 new games
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is the fastest preselling Switch game
- Nintendo kills its revenue-sharing program on YouTube, which no one liked.
Get hyped, and sue anyone who kills the hype.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties