TORONTO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–January 15, 2019–
On the heels of a $3M seed investment, Cybeats, a cybersecurity company protecting Internet of Things (IoT) devices, today announced the availability of its IoT Radar app for the Palo Alto Networks Application Framework. The Application Framework is a cloud-based framework that extends the capabilities of the Palo Alto Networks Security Operating Platform, which allows organizations to rapidly consume and implement a variety of innovative cloud-based security applications from any provider, large or small.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190115005288/en/
Cybeats deploys internal defense, monitoring and lifecycle management for IoT devices to protect against known and unknown threats. By taking an “inside-out” approach to cybersecurity, Cybeats deploys its microagent firmware at the point of manufacture, complementing the existing software and hardware of the device to ensure it will not be compromised. The IoT Radar app allows customers to correlate their IoT monitoring data with Palo Alto Networks network data to increase visibility into an attack, enhance coverage across the network and IoT devices and provide more accurate detection.
The IoT Radar app on the Palo Alto Networks Application Framework:
- Analyzes the network connection and provides insights into known and unknown IoT threats;
- Shows insights about connections made to rogue networks and displays transferred data; and
- Visualizes the IoT devices on the network, identifying devices with known vulnerabilities.
- “Cybeats is thrilled to work with Palo Alto Networks in bringing efficient, reliable cybersecurity products to market faster. IoT devices are becoming an integral part of organization’s IT environments, but security has traditionally not been top of mind in their deployment. This leaves devices open to vulnerabilities, and we are seeing the number of threats on IoT devices grow rapidly. Cybeats technology provides real-time detection and neutralization to the cybersecurity threats that target IoT devices.”
– Dmitry Raidman, CEO and co-founder, Cybeats
- “We are thrilled to see the debut of third-party applications for our customers, and we welcome Cybeats to the Application Framework developer community. Together, we are fueling innovation in the cybersecurity market by completely changing the way that organizations test, deploy, and manage security. This important advancement will make organizations everywhere more secure and help protect our way of life in the digital age.”
– Lee Klarich, chief product officer, Palo Alto Networks
- Cybeat’s IoT Radar App is now available on the Palo Alto Network Application Framework, here.
- The Palo Alto Networks Application Framework is now available worldwide to customers.
Cybeats solves a critical security problem for companies that manufacture, integrate or deploy IoT devices in the smart building, medical and critical infrastructure environments. Until now, IoT devices have been vulnerable to cyber threats, making them easy targets for attackers. Cybeats protects IoT devices throughout their lifecycle by taking an “inside-out” approach to cybersecurity. Cybeats’ microagent is implanted into devices to provide continuous protection that allows devices to detect threats instantly and gather data to help security professionals neutralize the threat. By bringing Cybeats inside every IoT device from the start, security experts can monitor the systems while device developers can focus on improving features and functionality of their products, reducing the time to market.
Co-founded by former Israeli IT infosec professionals, Dmitry Raidman, Peter Pinsker and Vlad Kharbash, Cybeats is the recipient of the 2018 IoT Global Awards in both the Security IoT and Big Data, Cloud and Analytics categories. For more information, visit cybeats.com.
Livy Jacobs: email@example.com, 416-888-4695