Microsoft announced more new titles coming to Xbox Game Pass in January. These include the creepy dystopian game We Happy Few, the Tolkien-inspired open-world game Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, and the over-the-top open-world game Saints Row: The Third.
Xbox One console exclusives from Microsoft like Forza Horizon 4 come out to Game Pass on the same day as their retail releases. Adding new titles to the service, including third-party games, can help improve Game Pass’ library.
Game Pass is a standout program for Microsoft. While Sony has a similar service with PlayStation Now for PlayStation 4, Xbox Game Pass is outclassing it in terms of library quality. Nintendo only offers retro games in any kind of subscription-based service (which is tied into its general online gaming plan). Having a steady stream of new games is important if Game Pass wants to be successful in 2019.
Here are the newly announced games and when they’ll come out:
- We Happy Few: January 17
- The Lego Movie Videogame: January 17
- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor: January 24
- Saints Row: The Third: January 24
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties