Elevate your enterprise data technology and strategy at Transform 2021.
This is a rebound for Blizzard’s digital card game king, which saw a 13 percent drop in mobile revenues between 2016 and 2017. Hearthstone is on top of the digital card game market. It has over 100 million registered players across all platforms, which includes PC along with mobile.
The 5 percent growth in mobile revenue is thanks to China. Hearthstone actually saw drop of about 10 percent in the U.S. between 2017 and 2018, but China grew a massive 34 percent from just iOS players. China is the top region for the mobile version (31 percent). U.S. is in second (19 percent), with South Korea coming in at third (12 percent).
Hearthstone launched in 2014. Since then, it has grossed a total of $700 million on mobile worldwide.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties