Elevate your enterprise data technology and strategy at Transform 2021.
Nintendo remembered that it made one of the best games ever, and it is bringing its sequel to Switch. The publisher announced Super Mario Maker 2 during one of its Direct video events today. This make-your-own-Mario game launches on Switch in June.
Super Mario Maker 2 features some new elements like the capability to create slopes (something the first game couldn’t handle). This will make the Super Mario World levels feel more like the original game.
Other new additions include the special cat upgrade item from Super Mario 3D World and the horrifying angry sun from Super Mario Bros. 3.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties