Elevate your enterprise data technology and strategy at Transform 2021.
Devil May Cry 5 director Hideaki Itsuno revealed that the Capcom action game has sold 2 million copies. The announcement came at the start of his talk about the title at the Game Developers Conference today in San Francisco.
Devil May Cry 5 came out on March 8 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. It has passed this milestone in just under two weeks.
Our review praised Devil May Cry 5’s graphics and action, but we also criticized its uneven pacing.
Devil May Cry 4 came out in 2008. By 2014, it had sold 3 million copies. Devil May Cry 5 is on track to outpace its predecessor.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties