A new GamesBeat event is around the corner! Learn more about what comes next.
Nintendo reported today that Super Smash Bros. Ultimate was a smash hit of the holiday season, with 13.81 million copies sold to date on the Nintendo Switch hybrid game console.
Nintendo reported those numbers with its earnings for the full fiscal year ended March 31, 2019.
Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu! and Pokemon Let’s Go Eevee! sold 10.63 million units, while Super Mario Party sold 6.4 million units.
Three top investment pros open up about what it takes to get your video game funded.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties