A new GamesBeat event is around the corner! Learn more about what comes next.
The Predator movie franchise is coming to PlayStation 4 courtesy of Friday the 13th: The Game developer Illfonic. Sony announced the exclusive Predator: Hunting Grounds, an online asymmetrical multiplayer game, during its State of Play broadcast today.
Hunting Grounds will arrive in 2020. Players assuming the roles of military soldiers will have to work together to take down the Predator. In the teaser video shown during the broadcast, the Predator looked like it had access to the abilities seen in the films, like an invisibility cloak.
The news comes from Sony’s second State of Play video. The company started using this format (similar to the way Nintendo Directs work) for new game reveals in March, with the first episode focusing on PlayStation VR games.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties