Join gaming leaders online at GamesBeat Summit Next this upcoming November 9-10. Learn more about what comes next.
Overwatch came out on May 24, 2016 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. The game became a hit for Blizzard, attracting 40 million total players.
The anniversary celebrates Overwatch’s birthday with new skins and other cosmetics. Specifically, this year brings six new Legendary (the rarest kind) costumes and three Epic (one step below Legendary) ones. The event also adds dance emotes for the three newest characters: Wrecking Ball, Ashe, and Baptiste.
Logging into the game during the event gives players a free Legendary Loot Box, which guarantees at least one Legendary item.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties