Did you miss a session from GamesBeat Summit 2022? All sessions are available to stream now. Watch now.
The idea is to unite communications for Steam users across mobile and PC platforms. The app includes many key features of the Steam Client desktop chat, including:
- Friends List – See who’s in game or online at a glance. Never miss an opportunity to play.
- Rich Chat – Your chats get even better with higher fidelity links, videos, tweets, GIFs, Giphy, Steam emoticons, and more.
- Invite Links – Add new friends on Steam with a link. Generate an invite link you can text or email.
- Customizable Notifications – Mobile notifications mean you’ll never miss a message or game invite. You can customize your notifications per friend, group chat, and chat channel.
- Group Chats – Get everyone on the same page. Groups make it easier to do things like stay in touch with your communities and organize game night with your best friends.
Valve said it wants feedback on the app. Coming soon are improvements such as including voice chat. With Steam Chat moving to its own dedicated app, the original Steam Mobile app will see significant upgrades focused on account security. Valve plans to create better Steam Guard options to help securely log into your Steam account, such as QR codes and one-touch login, and improved app navigation.
When I logged in, I had to verify my account via a code sent to my email address.
GamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. Learn more about membership.