All the sessions from Transform 2021 are available on-demand now. Watch now.
After a lengthy break, the GamesBeat Decides boys are back in town. On this week’s episode, GamesBeat reviews editor and co-host Mike Minotti recaps all the Randy Pitchford news for fellow host Jeff Grubb.
The crew also talks about some of the games that Mike played at E3 judges week. That includes Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, which Mike has some thoughts about. Turns out that game is like if the next Indiana Jones movie suddenly had the tone and plot of Schindler’s List. Meanwhile, when not moving or holding a baby, Jeff has played some Void Bastards and Outer Wilds. He also has some early thoughts on Valve’s Index headset.
In the news, Jeff and Mike dive into the Xbox Game Pass for PC, Death Stranding, and Rockstar’s latest controversy. Finally, Mike learns what a CPU is.
Join us, won’t you?
Three top investment pros open up about what it takes to get your video game funded.
Here’s everything we talk about:
- Delta Rune
- Void Bastards
- Outer Wilds
- Valve Index
- Xbox Game Pass for PC
- Death Stranding gets a release date
- Rockstar designer says executive groped him
- Ryzen 3000
- Radeon RX 5000 GPUs
- Intel i9 9900 KS – 5.0 GHz all the time on all cores
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties