A new GamesBeat event is around the corner! Learn more about what comes next.
The id Software first-person shooter is coming out to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC. It is also coming to Stadia, (Google’s upcoming game- streaming platform).
This is a direct sequel to the 2016 reboot of franchise. It continues the tradition of fighting demons, but this time you have a new flamethrower and more traversal tools, including wall climbing and air-dashing.
Battlemode is the new multiplayer mode. Two players control demons, while another controls Doom’s Slayer. This an asymmetrical multiplayer experience that is different from the series usual deathmatch approach. Developer id Software is comparing it to a fighting game experience.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties