Join gaming leaders online at GamesBeat Summit Next this upcoming November 9-10. Learn more about what comes next.
Developer Techland revealed that Dying Light 2 is coming to consoles and PC in spring 2020. It made the announcement via a new trailer during the annual Microsoft press briefing at the 2019 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) trade show.
Dying Light 2 takes place 15 years after the events of the first game, in a world that Techland describes as a modern dark age. It puts players in a fictional European city where different factions are vying for control. The decisions you make while working with these factions will have major consequeces throughout the story.
The first Dying Light was a big hit for Techland when it came out in 2015, going on to sell over 13 million copies.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties