Did you miss GamesBeat Summit 2021? Watch on-demand here!
We got to see more of Square Enix’s Final Fantasy VII Remake during a symphonic concert Los Angeles and got a release date: March 3, 2020.
The original Final Fantasy VII came out in 1997 for PlayStation. This remake, which features modern graphics and an action-based combat system, is coming to PlayStation 4.
How is everyone doing? We announced the release date for #FinalFantasy VII Remake at the LA concert today.
— FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE (@finalfantasyvii) June 10, 2019
Square Enix announced the existence of this remake back during Sony’s E3 2015 event. Since then, we haven’t heard much about the project.
We will see more of Final Fantasy VII Remake at Square Enix’s Electronic Entertainment Expo event Monday.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties