Join gaming leaders, alongside GamesBeat and Facebook Gaming, for their 2nd Annual GamesBeat & Facebook Gaming Summit | GamesBeat: Into the Metaverse 2 this upcoming January 25-27, 2022. Learn more about the event.
Microsoft revealed a Blair Witch game during its Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) briefing today in Los Angeles.
Blair Witch is based off of the popular series of horror films. The demo showed a man — armed with a flashlight and a dog — exploring the woods. As expected, it was pretty creepy. The game is set during September 1996. You can watch the trailer above.
The first film in the series, The Blair Witch Project, came out back in 1999. It was a surprise hit, making over $248 million.
Blair Witch will also come to Xbox Game Pass.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties