A new GamesBeat event is around the corner! Learn more about what comes next.
Microsoft gaming boss Phil Spencer said that his company will publish Smilegate’s Crossfire X shooter game in the West. He made this news today onstage at Microsoft’s press briefing ahead of the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles.
Crossfire is a shooter that is more popular than Call of Duty in Asia. The free-to-play game has more than 650 million players worldwide, Spencer said.
And now it looks like that is about to get a little bigger. Crossfire isn’t necessarily the best-looking shooter game, but Crossfire X looks like it will be quite pretty when it debuts in the West.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties