Microsoft showed off more of Ori and the Will of the Wisps during its Electronic Entertainment Expo presentation today in Los Angeles. It also gave us a release date for the Xbox One and PC Metroidvania sequel. It is coming out on February 11, and it is also coming to Xbox Game Pass.
Will of the Wisps is the follow-up to Ori and the Blind Forest, the gorgeous 2015 Microsoft exclusive that was one of our favorite games that year.
The new trailer showed Ori taking on many oversized enemies, including a giant spider. Ori also flew on the back of a baby owl. Just like the original, it looked gorgeous. You can watch the video above.
While the original focused on platforming and exploration, the sequel will also be giving love to combat. Ori will have new offensive abilities, including a bow.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties