Refractor had some time in spotlight during the Kinda Funny Games Showcase today as part of the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) festivities.
We knew that Refractor was coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC at some point in 2020. The developer, NextGen Pants, Inc, revealed that it will also release on Switch on the same day as the other platforms.
This indie game is a Metroidvania with an emphasis on physics-based puzzles. You can rearrange the map to help you discover new areas.
It’s been a long road to release for Retractor, which failed its original Kickstarter back in 2013. NextGen Pants has also rebuilt the game multiple times. But now it is finally beginning to near release.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties