Join gaming leaders online at GamesBeat Summit Next this upcoming November 9-10. Learn more about what comes next.
In 2008, Square Enix worked with Microsoft to bring an original role-playing series to the Xbox 360. That game, called The Last Remnant, won over some fans on Microsoft’s console. In 2018, however, the publisher released a Remaster for PlayStation 4. And today, Square revealed at Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) that it’s bringing that version to the Nintendo Switch.
You can get The Last Remnant on Switch right now.
The Remaster features updated visuals but all of the original content from the story. In The Last Remnant, players take on the role of Rush who teams up with friends and allies to rescue his sister.
You can see the game in action for Nintendo Switch above.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties