Join gaming leaders online at GamesBeat Summit Next this upcoming November 9-10. Learn more about what comes next.
Nintendo revealed the latest details of its next Animal Crossing game. Animal Crossing: New Horizons is coming to the Nintendo Switch on March 20. As you might notice, that’s not going to happen until 2020, so the publisher has confirmed it is delaying the sequel out of 2019.
New Horizons still looks very much like an Animal Crossing game. You are exploring the world and your social links to other characters. But Nintendo did tease some features.
At the end of the trailer, Tom Nook shows up to give players a rundown of their itemized bill. That includes airfare and a NookPhone. These suggest that you may be able to travel to other locations via plane. And the phone may give you more control over the world.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties