Join gaming leaders online at GamesBeat Summit Next this upcoming November 9-10. Learn more about what comes next.
Nintendo announced that Banjo-Kazooie are finally coming to the Super Smash Bros. series.
This means that the iconic 3D platformer duo are finally back on a Nintendo platform. They will come to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for Switch this fall.
The first Banjo-Kazooie was made by Rare and came out for Nintendo 64 in 1998. It had a sequel, Banjo-Tooie, in 2000. After that, Microsoft brought Rare and acquired the rights to the franchise.
But Nintendo and Microsoft have been playing nice lately, with Microsoft even letting Cuphead appear on the Switch.
Three top investment pros open up about what it takes to get your video game funded.
Nintendo also revealed today that Dragon Quest characters are coming to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties