Konami is still making video games. The company revealed that it’s developing Contra: Rogue Corps for the Switch during Nintendo’s Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) 3 Direct presentation today. The cooperative shooter debuts September 24.
In the trailer for Rogue Corps, Konami revealed some of the action as well as characters you can take control of. Those heroes include a panda named Cuddly, a solider named Headcase, and a swordmaster named Killer. The levels themselves look like a mix of various Contra games with a mix of side-scrolling run-‘n’-gun levels and more.
Konami also announced the launch of the Contra Anniversary Collection today. It packages 10 of the series games, stretching back to the franchise’s debut 25 years ago.
Rogue Corps takes place several years after Contra III: Alien Wars from 1992. It follows an ex-military group living on the outside of society. They’re bounty hunters and treasure-seekers in the Damned City. You face PVE campaigns, and you gather resources to upgrade your guns (you can also augment your organs and get cybernetic upgrades). It has online and local (couch) co-op.
The Contra Anniversary Collection includes:
- Contra (Arcade)
- Super Contra (Arcade)
- Super C (NES)
- Contra III: The Alien Wars (Super Nintendo)
- Contra: Hard Corps (Sega Genesis)
- Contra (NES)
- Contra (Famicom)
- Operation C (Game Boy)
- Probotector (Sega Mega Drive)
- Super Probotector: Alien Rebels (Super Nintendo)
The collection is live now on PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties