All the sessions from Transform 2021 are available on-demand now. Watch now.
It is set two years after the last game. Breath of the Wild was a launch game for Switch that came out on March 3, 2017. It has sold over 14 million copies.
The debut trailer noted only that the game is development while showing Link and Zelda exploring some ruins. The game could be some time away, but this was a big surprise announcement for Nintendo to end its show on.
It is unusual for Zelda games to get a direct sequel, but the popularity of Breath of the Wild seems to have encouraged Nintendo into this direction.
Three top investment pros open up about what it takes to get your video game funded.
You can watch the reveal trailer above.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties