We are excited to bring Transform 2022 back in-person July 19 and virtually July 20 - 28. Join AI and data leaders for insightful talks and exciting networking opportunities. Register today!
VentureBeat is pleased to announce its first ever Women in AI Awards at Transform 2019, honoring the changemakers in the field of artificial intelligence — women leaders who are paving the way in rethinking process, policy, technology, and education as AI advances.
These are women who demonstrate a commitment to changing the status quo as technology continues to disrupt established norms. These leaders actively practice and advocate inclusivity, while their influence manifests itself in their communities.
Here are the nominees in each of these five categories:
Responsibility & Ethics of AI
This award will honor a woman who demonstrates exemplary leadership and progress in responsible AI.
- Charina Chou, Global Policy Lead for Emerging Technologies, Google
- Carolyn Staats, Director of Innovation, Information Systems Department, County of Sonoma
- Carole Piovesan, Cofounder and Partner, INQ Data Law
- Kathy Baxter, Architect of Ethical AI, Salesforce
- Tess Posner, CEO, AI4ALL
This award (two winners) will honor two women who have started companies that show significant promise in AI. Consideration will include business traction and positive impact of the technology in the AI space.
- Camille Morvan, Co-CEO, Goshaba
- Charu Sharma, Founder & CEO, Nextplay AI
- Emma Fauss, Cofounder & CEO, Medical Informatics Corporation (MIC)
- Dyann Daley, MD, Founder & CEO, Predict-Align-Prevent, Inc.
- Helen Kim, PhD, Cofounder and CEO, NanoSemi
- Humera Malik, CEO Canvass Analytics
- Natalie Cartwright, Cofounder and COO, Finn AI
- Nicole Eagan, CEO, Darktrace
- Pramad Jandhyala, Cofounder, LatentView Analytics
- Tugce Bulut, Founder, Streetbees
This award will honor a woman whose research in AI has made a significant impact by helping accelerate progress within her organization, as part of academic research, or by influencing approaches to AI technology.
- Dr. Henna Karna, Chief Data Officer, AXA XL
- Carly Eckert, MD, MPH, Director, Medical Informatics, KenSci
- Dr. Fatmah Baothman, Professor of Artificial Intelligence, King Abdulaziz University
- Dr. Parisa Naraei, PhD, Computer Science (Applied AI in healthcare), Canadian Institute for Health Information
- Michaela Blott, Distinguished Engineer, Xilinx
This award will honor a woman leader who has helped mentor other women in AI, by providing guidance and support or encouraging more women to enter the field.
- Huma Abidi, Engineering Director of Machine Learning and Deep Learning, Intel
- Mercedes Soria, EVP, Chief Intelligence Officer, Knightscope
- Noelle LaCharite, Principal PM Manager, Microsoft Search, Assistant and Intelligence, Microsoft
- Sandhya Venkatachalam, Managing Partner and Founder, DeepAngels
- Tara Chklovski, Founder and CEO, Iridescent
This award will honor a woman in the beginning stages of her AI career who has demonstrated forethought and exemplary leadership.
- Helen Ngo, Machine Learning Engineer, Dessa
- Krittika D’Silva, Computer Science PhD Student, University of Cambridge
- Ria Doshi, Co-creator, Alleviate
- Marie Smith, CIO, Data360
- Joy Buolamwini, MIT Media Lab Computer Scientist and Digital Activist
- Tameka Vasquez, Assistant Vice President, Marketing Lead, High-Tech — Genpact
All nominations will be reviewed by our selection committee, represented by VB executive leadership and advisors from the following partners: Women in Analytics, mBolden, Women in Big Data, WiMLDS (Women in Machine Learning & Data Science), Women in Voice, Women Investing in Women Digital, Women in Artificial Intelligence, Women in Technology International, and Women in Data.
We’d like to congratulate all of the women who were nominated to receive a Women in AI Award. The full list of nominees is posted on our event page.
Thanks to everyone for their nominations and for contributing to the growing awareness of women who are making a significant difference in AI.
VentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative enterprise technology and transact. Learn more about membership.