The free-to-play mobile game launched back in November 2015. The blend of tactics and role-playing has you organizing a team of famous Star Wars characters, both heroes and villains. Despite its age, EA still supports the game with regular updates, including a current event that focuses on the Clone Wars.
Players can spend money to help unlock more characters and strengthen their current ones. Star Wars has a gigantic roster of Jedi, Sith, droids, smugglers, rebels, bounty hunters, and more. Galaxy of Heroes is able to pull from films, video games, TV shows, and more.
EA signed an exclusive licensing deal with Disney for Star Wars games back in 2013. Along with console titles like Battlefront, EA has created several Star Wars mobile games. Galaxy of Heroes has proven to be the most popular of them.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties