Join gaming leaders, alongside GamesBeat and Facebook Gaming, for their 2nd Annual GamesBeat & Facebook Gaming Summit | GamesBeat: Into the Metaverse 2 this upcoming January 25-27, 2022. Learn more about the event.
Alluris from 562 Interactive in the U.S. won the best in show “audience choice” award at GameDaily Connect’s Indie Prize USA 2019 contest in Anaheim, California yesterday. The contest drew dozens of entrants from indie game developers from around the world.
The Indie Prize is an international scholarship program for indie game developers. The ten winners were chosen from among 100 finalists from dozens of countries. Prizes for the winners were provided by Photo, Inlingo, and Greenlit. Judges were chosen from a variety of developers within the industry. Yuliya Moshkaryova runs the contest. I got a look at the some of the games and was impressed at the quality of the entrants.
Alluris is a fantasy card game where you create your characters, unlock backstories, and explore a world. It is coming on a variety of platforms in 2019. OtherWorldly from Idea.org in the U.S. won most innovative game.
- The Lighthouse from Shadow Knights in the U.S. won best game narrative.
- Trident’s Wake from Bacus Studios in Argentina won best multiplayer game.
- Party Time! from HyperTeam won best kids and family game.
- Astrologaster from Nyamyam in the United Kingdom won the best mobile game.
- Art Inc. from Pixio in Hong Kong won best game art.
- Nubla 2 — M, the City at the Center of the World from Gammera Nest from Spain won best game design.
- And Unheard from Next Studios in China won best game audio.
Disclosure: The organizers of GameDaily Connect paid my way to Anaheim. Our coverage remains objective.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties