Banjo-Kazooie debuted in 1998 in a game by Rare. It had a sequel, Banjo-Tooie, in 2000. After that, Microsoft brought Rare and acquired the rights to the franchise.
This is the third character to come out as part of the Fighter Pass, following Joker from Persona 5 and Hero from Dragon Quest.
Nintendo also revealed today that Terry from Fatal Fury will be the fourth character in the Fighter Pass.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties