Elevate your enterprise data technology and strategy at Transform 2021.
Gwent started as a mini-game inside the 2015 role-playing game The Witcher III: Wild Hunt. It was popular enough to warrant a standalone version, which launched in October 2018 for PC after a long beta period. It came to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in December 2018.
Gwent isn’t competing with the digital card game giants, Hearthstone and Magic: The Gathering Arena, but coming to mobile will help increase its audience. Hearthstone has been on mobile for years, but Arena is still only on PC.
While Hearthstone and Magic: The Gathering Arena have similar gameplay, Gwent is more a twist on the typical digital card game genre. It has you playing cards on a board with multiple rows, and Gwent has no mana system.
CD Projekt Red has not released details about a release for Android.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties