Valve’s digital store has a giant library, but it can be difficult to navigate. This updated version is supposed to make it easier to find your games.
“A good library shouldn’t just be dusty shelves,” reads a Steam blog post from earlier this month about the update. “It has to be a fun place to explore and find whatever it is that you’re looking for. Whether you want to keep up to date about what’s happening with your games, find a game to play with your friends, or explore what’s happening in your game’s community, your library should support you.”
The old Steam library was a simple list on the left side of the screen. You’ll still have a list on the left, but a new landing page next to it will do a better job of highlighting titles, including game you’ve played recently.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties