A new GamesBeat event is around the corner! Learn more about what comes next.
This is more than the first week of any other mobile game, beating the 90 million that Mario Kart Tour brought in. Most of Call of Duty: Mobile’s downloads are coming from iOS, accounting for 55.7% of the total. That leaves 44.3% for Android.
Call of Duty: Mobile replicates the experience of Call of Duty multiplayer with classic modes like Team Deathmatch. It also includes a battle royale mode. The next non-mobile entry in the series, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, comes out on October 25 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
The mobile game has been most popular in the U.S., which claims 17.3 million of the 100 million downloads. India was next with 13.7 million.
Three top investment pros open up about what it takes to get your video game funded.
Call of Duty: Mobile earned $17.7 million in player spending during its first week, making an average revenue per download of about $0.17.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties