Battlegrounds supports eight players per match. It is taking inspiration from Auto Chess, a popular, emerging genre that his its roots in MOBA games like Dota 2.
An open beta for Battlegrounds starts on November 12, but those who have the BlizzCon virtual ticket or purchase the new Hearthstone expansion now can try it beginning Tuesday.
Hearthstone has been out since 2014, but the game hasn’t received much in the way of new modes. Battlegrounds will finally give fans a new way to play the digital card.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties