Join Transform 2021 for the most important themes in enterprise AI & Data. Learn more.
The company attributes the success to the October 31, 2018 launch of Candy Crush Friends Saga. The addition of the new entry in the free-to-play puzzle series gave the franchise a boost over the last year, helping it grow year-over-year.
The original Candy Crush Saga launched in 2012 and remains a mobile smash hit. Activision Blizzard bought Candy Crush developer King in 2016 for $5.9 billion.
Candy Crush Saga has three sequels: Soda Saga, Jelly Saga, and Friends Saga. Together, the franchise had 247 million MAUs (monthly active users) in Activsion Blizzard’ third quarter.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties