Join GamesBeat Summit 2021 this April 28-29. Register for a free or VIP pass today.
Microsoft revealed the first gameplay trailer for the epic real-time strategy game Age of Empires IV at the X019 fan event today. The team that’s working with developer Relic on the game also got a name: World’s Edge. Xbox veteran Shannon Loftis is heading up that studio.
The gameplay trailer shows off Age of Empires IV’s medieval setting. It also reveals the Mongol and English civilizations that players can guide through conquering the world. The video also highlights the detailed world and battles. The stone cities are alive with citizens going about their day and patrolling soldiers. But when the battle starts, hundreds of units can clash against one another in a fight for supremacy.
You can watch the trailer by clicking play at the top of this story.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties