Join gaming leaders online at GamesBeat Summit Next this upcoming November 9-10. Learn more about what comes next.
Dreamhack is a giant force in the esports world, holding more large-scale festivals than competitors like ESL. Dreamhack’s events in 2018 attracted 350,000 visitors and gave out over $5.5 million in prize money. A Dreamhack festival is a three-day event that holds competitions for multiple games, including Counter-Strike: GO, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Tekken 7, and Fortnite. The festivals host tournaments for pros and amateurs, and they also include massive LAN parties.
“Next year’s festival lineup is very exciting and we can’t wait to show everybody what we have planned at these 11 stops spread across three continents and seven countries,” Dreamhack co-CEO Marcus Lindmark said in a press release sent to GamesBeat. “Fueled by the 25th anniversary, next year is sure to be one for the history books.”
The schedule looks like this:
Three top investment pros open up about what it takes to get your video game funded.
- January 24 — Dreamhack Leipzig, Germany
- February 21 — Dreamhack Anaheim, California
- May 22 — Dreamhack Dallas, Texas
- June 12 — Dreamhack Summer (Jönköping, Sweden)
- July 3 — DreamHack Valencia, Spain
- September 11 — Dreamhack Montreal, Canada,
- October 16 — Dreamhack Rotterdam, Netherlands
- October 30 — Dreamhack Hyderabad, India
- November 13 — Dreamhack Atlanta, Georgia
- November 27 — Dreamhack Winter (Jönköping, Sweden)
- December 11 — Dreamhack Sevilla, Spain
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties